Duties/Description: This position is responsible for designing and leading fisheries studies for clients throughout West Fork Environmental's operating area. This position will be engaged in many activities including:
- Developing study designs, collecting field and remotely sensed data
- Data management
- Analyzing and modeling biological and physical data
- Implementing field studies and supervising crews
- Writing and developing reports and articles
- Communicating with clients, developing and managing budgets
- Writing proposals and developing new business
Qualifications: The successful applicant will have a Masters Degree in fisheries, aquatic ecology or other biological science. Strong quantitative and statistical skills are required; experience with GIS and spatially explicit models highly desirable. Familiarity with animal marking and tracking methods including radio telemetry, acoustic, PIT, coded wire and visual tags required. Applicants should be proficient in off-trail and back country navigation with the use of compass, maps, aerial photos and GPS to identify sampling locations. Experience using standard fisheries sampling equipment and habitat measuring instruments required.
Salary: West Fork offers competitive salaries, excellent health insurance, maternity/paternity leave, flexible schedules and other fringe benefits.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Application: Submit an electronic letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org